Supergirl is back! Last year in November I cast and assembled a new Supergirl statue. I have just mounted her pyrite base on some marble and applied some enamel for her costume. Other than a few minor finishing details she is essentially complete.
I spent some time a month ago and cast another Supergirl statue. I would like one of these works available for the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo in April, 2018. I am mounting this work on a pyrite stone that I acquired last year. I have also added some quartz crystals to this work. The […]
In the month of September, 2017, I finished another Supergirl casting. My last Supergirl and Streaky work had been sold in April at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo and I wanted another Supergirl casting ready for the Edmonton Expo in September. I began casting this Supergirl in August, 2017. I had a few issues […]
I have mostly completed my second Supergirl. This one was cast using white bronze for her cape, boots, and uniform. I raised the copper on her cape and boots to provide the red color, but I didn’t much care for a silver colored costume. So, I used my cold enamel coloring to provide a more […]
I’m almost finished my first version of Supergirl. This one will be colored with cold enamel. My second version that is cast but waiting to be assembled has her cape, boots, and uniform in white bronze. This version will not be colored. The photos show my masking and coloring, for both her blue and red. […]
I have been working on Supergirl for some time. This is my first WIP for her, although I did post a previous Work-In-Progress for casting her cape. Supergirl has turned out to be a time consuming and perhaps expensive figure to cast. It took almost 4.5 kg of silicone rubber for her moulds. She will […]
I have cleaned up and soldered Supergirl’s cape that was cast in a yellow brass a few days ago. I used my larger Smith acetylene-air torch that gives me 13,000 BTU to heat the two pieces, and fortunately this was sufficient to get the piece locally hot enough (760 C) for my bronze solder to […]
I’ve started work on my bronze cast of Supergirl. The biggest feature to cast is her cape. I am going to have to cut it in half so that it will fit inside my largest 5×7 inch casting flask, but even so it will be a tricky fit. I try to leave about a half […]