I have been remiss in posting new work. This WIP for Baphomet is lengthy as it encompasses about 6 months of work. In March 2021 I began to cast another PKKing sculpture “Baphomet” that I purchased in 2012. This is the second PKKing sculpture that I will cast in bronze. This work is much larger […]
This category shows how I cast bronze figurines, bronze sculptures, and other bronze curios. These are my Work-In-Progress postings.
I decided to build one more “Faerie on Twig”. I think this sculpture is somewhat unique. I had previously cast an organic twig as the post for this sculpture and I had thought to mount this faerie on another amethyst like my last edition of this work. However, my last two sculptures were mounted on […]
The sculpture is now mostly complete. I still need to attach a few decorations to the figures and properly clean the work and apply a patina to the bronze. I plan to use liver of sulphur, ferric nitrate, and cupric nitrate chemicals to apply various browns, blacks, red, and green colours to the main piece. […]
Some of the remaining ribbon parts that attach to the base have been cast. After about 6 months of contemplation I have finally decided to cast the base of this sculpture in bronze. I made urethane rubber moulds of the clear resin parts so as to replicate them in wax. Everything except for the large […]
Now that I have cast the main body for Yan Wu it is time to create the flowing ribbons that descend from the back of the figure. These parts are large. I struggled to decide how to economically mould and cast these pieces. I considered sand casting but in the end I decided to mould […]
This posting shows pictures for some of the casting and construction for this sculpture.
I find that I now want to do sculptures of far more substance and complexity. My work is changing. I do not expect to cast superheros or other such bronze in the future. I am now starting a new sculpture based on Yan Wu by PKKing. This work should be a spectacular bronze piece. According […]
I now have a functioning water wheel with water. A few still pictures of the operating water wheel follow. The water pump was put into one end of a reservoir fashioned from 1 1/4 inch ABS pipe. The reservoir hold about 350 ml or 1 and a half cups of water. The pump fills the […]
I am beginning to assemble the water mechanism for the water wheel. The water reservoir will sit underneath the mine office. This reservoir will contain a submerged pump driven by the battery and electronics in the office that will pump water into the water tower. The water will come out of the tower at the […]
The smoke generator for the mine office is now working. Dave Bodnar posted an interesting implementation of a smoke generator that created smoke by burning glycerine using heating coils from electronic cigarettes. Like Dave, my implementation uses KangerTech 1.8 ohm heating element coils to make the smoke. However, my original implementation of his solution, although […]